Old Towns of Djenné (Mali)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.38, adopted during its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Noting that the request for international assistance for the preparation of a management plan submitted by the State Party has been approved in November 2006,
4. Expresses its concern that little progress has been made to set out how the recommendations of the 2006 World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM mission might be addressed,
5. Urges the State Party urgently to provide details for the scope and the timetable for the elaboration of the Management and Conservation Plan,
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre, before 1 February 2008, with a state of conservation report of the property and progress achieved in the implementation of a management and conservation plan, delineation of boundaries, creation of a buffer zone and establishment of regulatory tools, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.