31 COM 7B.42
Pitons Management Area (St. Lucia)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Notes with concern the proposed hotel development that may compromise the superlative natural beauty of the property if not considered in light of the need to preserve the property's Outstanding Universal Value;
3. Welcomes the State Party's request to the World Heritage Centre for guidance in dealing with development pressures, and the proposed development of an Integrated Development Plan;
4. Urges the State Party to provide information on the status of any developments planned in the property and to ensure that the consulting firm consults with the World Heritage Centre and IUCN in developing the plan;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2008, an updated report on the measures it has taken to manage and mitigate any impact on the property's Outstanding Universal Value and integrity from hotel and other land development, a map showing the location of the any proposed developments and a copy of the Integrated Development Plan.