State of Conservation (Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Notes the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS mission undertaken from 2 to 7 February 2006 and the current efforts of the authorities to conserve this World Heritage property;
3. Notes that the height of the new Mariinsky Theatre has been lowered by 10 metres;
4. Requests the authorities to fully take into account the Vienna Memorandum on "World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape" (2005) in the protection of the historic urban landscape;
5. Endorses the recommendations of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS mission, specifically the timeline of actions and the preparation of maps, which have been agreed to by the representatives of the Russian Federation and the officials of the City of St. Petersburg during the mission;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre a proposal for the modification of the boundaries of the World Heritage property including precise definition of borders and buffer zones for all components of the property by 1 February 2007 for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.