Decision : 30 COM 7B.22
State of Conservation (Nahanni National Park)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 27 COM 7B.16 and 28 COM 15B.24, adopted at its 27th (Paris, 2003) and 28th (Suzhou, 2004) sessions respectively,
3. Notes with concern that the various mining, mineral, oil and gas exploration activities around the property could have major adverse cumulative impacts on the integrity of the property;
4. Encourages the State Party of Canada to proceed with the expansion of Nahanni National Park to protect the entire South Nahanni watershed and the karstlands of the Ram Plateau;
5. Requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre and IUCN informed of the mining developments around the property and any other important changes in the state of conservation of the property.