30 COM 7A.18
Tipasa (Algeria) (C 193)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7A.16, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Congratulates the State Party on the measures taken and the actions engaged to improve the protection of the site, notably in the institutional, legal and management fields;
4. Appreciates that the State Party has made strong commitments, including the establishment of an action plan with a strict calendar, for the completion of the work in progress and the implementation of longer-term projects;
5. Decides to remove Tipasa (Algeria) from the List of World Heritage in Danger;
6. Further decides that if the following conditions:
a) Delimitation of an official perimeter for the inscribed sectors and the buffer zone based on the new cadastral plan;
b) Relocation procedure for the families installed within the perimeter of the property;
c) Strengthening of human and financial resources;
d) Realisation and application of the Protection and Presentation Plan (PPMVSAZP);
e) Elaboration of a management plan for the site;
are not satisfied, the site shall be re-inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger at its 31st session in 2007.
7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a report on the state of conservation of the property for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.