Report of the World Heritage Centre on its Activities and on the Implementation of the Decisions of the World Heritage Committee
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/6,
2. Takes note with appreciation of the work undertaken by the World Heritage Centre over the past year in pursuit of its strategic objectives and requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to frame his contributions to the preparation of the Draft Medium -Term Strategy 2008-2013 (34/C4) and Draft Programme and Budget 2008-2009 (34/C5) in pursuit of those objectives;
3. Further requests a management audit of the World Heritage Centre in order to facilitate the development of a strategic plan for reinforcing the implementation of the Convention, and that no management structure changes should occur at the World Heritage Centre until the management audit is complete;
4. Endorses the "Strategy for Natural Heritage work of the Centre", presented as Document WHC-06/30.COM/INF.6A and welcomes the Centre's on-going cooperation with the biodiversity conventions through the Biodiversity Liaison Group and its participation in the Issue-based Modules Project of UNEP to develop tools to help countries implement their commitment under multilateral environmental agreements;
5. Recognizes the importance of providing rapid financial support to natural World Heritage properties in times of emergency, and urges States Parties to support the Rapid Response Facility as an effective means to deliver such support;
6. Welcomes the proposal by the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre to produce a series of World Heritage Resource Manuals to provide focused guidance on the implementation of the World Heritage Convention and requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to prepare a costed, time-bound budget for this new series for discussion at the 31st session in 2007.