Follow-up of the First Cycle of the Periodic Reporting exercise in Europe and North America (2006-2011)
As a result of the first cycle of the Periodic Reporting exercise and the Action Plan for Europe presented and adopted at the 30th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2006, a series of sub-regional meetings were organized for the region of Europe from September 2006 onwards.
These follow-up meetings aimed to fill the gaps in the report, foster sub-regional cooperation, share knowledge and best practices, support States Parties in the implementation of the Action Plan and follow up on Decision 30COM 11 A.1 .
The meetings have had as common themes: revision and definition of new boundaries and buffer zones, harmonization of Tentative Lists, and preparation and implementation of management plans. Throughout the process, particular emphasis has been placed on guiding States Parties in drafting retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value, according to Decision 31COM 11 D.1 . This decision requests States Parties to submit retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value for sites inscribed on the World Heritage List before 2007, when the concept of Outstanding Universal Value was incorporated into the nomination and inscription process. The Committee requested States Parties to submit the retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value prior to the launch of the second cycle of the Periodic Reporting exercise in June 2012.
Circular Letters to the States Parties
- European Periodic Reporting on the application of the World Heritage Convention and on the state of conservation of World Heritage properties
letter Ref: CL/WHC-06/05, 15 September 2006
- Presentation of results to the 30th session of the World Heritage Committee (Vilnius, Lithuania, July 2006): 8 March 2006,
letter Ref: CL/WHC-06/03, 8 March 2006
- Information on Section II – New Submission Deadline : 31 October 2005,
letter Ref: CL/WHC.01/05, 20 February 2005
- Last reminder for the Submission of Section I,
letter ref: CL/WHC.06/04, November 2004
- Information on Section I - Electronic Tool,
letter ref. CL/WHC/19, December 2003
- Appointment of national coordinators for Periodic Reporting,
letter ref.CL/WHC/14/02, November 2002
- Follow-up Meeting on World Heritage Periodic Reporting for Western Europe Sub-region Dec 8, 2010-Dec 10, 2010
- Nordic-Baltic region Focal Point workshop on preparation of draft Retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value Oct 4, 2010-Oct 6, 2010
- Periodic Reporting follow-up Meeting for the European Mediterranean Sub-Region Mar 12, 2010-Mar 18, 2010
- Periodic Reporting Follow-Up Meeting for Western Europe Dec 14, 2009-Dec 16, 2009
- Periodic Reporting Follow-Up Meeting for Nordic countries Dec 9, 2009