World Heritage Eco Learning Program
Panasonic conducts the unique program called the World Heritage Eco Learning Program, where students can visit and participate in an interactive environment for learning about World Heritage conservation activities in cooperation with UNESCO and the World Heritage sites. The children can also experience the beauty and importance of the World Heritage as they carry on and pass to future generations. During the course of the program at the heritage site, there will also be a 3D video and photo shooting session, and the viewing of the World Heritage in full HD 3D, shot by Panasonic HD 3D camera recorder. Also the students write down and draw what they have learned from the visits in their World Heritage Eco Picture Diary as a step to put their environmental awareness into practice in daily life. Approximately 4,000 children are expected to engage in this program by the end of fiscal 2012.
Schedule in 2011
- August Hiraizumi - Temples, Gardens and Archaeological Sites
- Representing the Buddhist Pure Land (Japan)
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (United Kingdom)
- September Iguazu National Park (Brazil)
- October Keoladeo National Park (India)
- October Ujung Kulon National Park (Indonesia)
Please refer to the following site for details concerning the UNESCO partnership.
- Panasonic Eco Picture Diary Global Contest Ceremony held at UNESCO Headquarters Thursday, 9 February 2012