Mr Feng JING (景 峰in Chinese characters), was educated in English literature, international studies and the history of architecture at Lanzhou University and Tsinghua University of China. He has a Doctorate degree in history and theory of Architecture from Tsinghua University (China). For the past twenty-five years, his career has combined professional experience in heritage management and international organization activities. He has directed major heritage conservation projects throughout Asia and the Pacific region.
Mr JING is currently Chief of Asia and the Pacific Unit of UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre (Paris), responsible for the implementation of the 1972 World Heritage Convention in 47 countries in the Asia and the Pacific region. He also heads UNESCO’s Culture Sector programme activities on tangible heritage for the region and other associated World Heritage programmes. In addition, Mr JING serves as the UNESCO Director-General’s representative on the Governing Council of the Centre of World Natural Heritage Management and Training for the Asia and the Pacific Region in Dehradun (India), a category 2 Centre under the auspices of UNESCO. He is also Chief Coordinator of the Silk Roads World Heritage nomination project since 2005.
- Marine heritage: Support to the Central Pacific project and support to the World Heritage marine programme
- Periodic Reporting 1st Cycle: Asia & Pacific (2003)
- Periodic Reporting 2nd Cycle: Asia & Pacific (2012)
- Small Island Developing States Programme
- Support for the conservation and management of Vat Phou and Associated Ancient Settlements within the Champasak Cultural Landscape, Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Technical cooperation for the enhancement, development and protection of the Town of Luang Prabang, Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Serious concern for oil spill in the Sundarbans, Bangladesh Thursday, December 18, 2014
- IUCN World Parks Congress 2014: Parks, people, planet: inspiring solutions Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- South Asia World Heritage Serial Nomination for the Silk Roads Project Launched with the Support of the UNESCO/Korea Funds-in-Trust Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Italy announces support to UNESCO for Safeguarding Cultural Heritage in Myanmar Wednesday, December 14, 2011
- Flooding in Thailand Friday, October 14, 2011
- Workshop on Geo Engineering for Conservation of Cultural Heritage Sep 4, 2013-Sep 6, 2013