State of Conservation (SOC)
- Other Threats:
Inscription on the Danger List
Threats to the Site:
- Inadequate implementation of the Special Law on Galápagos and lack of enforcement;
- Poor governance;
- Inadequate regional planning;
- Inadequate and ineffective quarantine measures;
- Illegal fishing;
- Instability of Park Director’s position;
- High and unregulated illegal in-migration and resulting impacts of development on biodiversity;
- Unsustainable tourism development;
- Educational reform not implemented
The threats indicated are listed in alphabetical order; their order does not constitute a classification according to the importance of their impact on the property.
Furthermore, they are presented irrespective of the type of threat faced by the property, i.e. with specific and proven imminent danger (“ascertained danger”) or with threats which could have deleterious effects on the property’s Outstanding Universal Value (“potential danger”).