World Heritage Series n°12
The State of World Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region 2003
Reports: The State of World Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region - 2003
- Preface by Koïchiro Matsuura
- Foreword by Zhang Xinsheng
- Introduction by Francesco Bandarin
- Global Strategy issues in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Identification and Preservation of World Heritage Values
- Heritage Legislation
- Threats and Risks to World Heritage Properties
- Management and Monitoring Challenges
- Education, Information and New Technologies
- Resources and Partnerships for Conservation
- Annex 1: List of Asia-Pacific World Heritage Properties inscribed on the World Heritage List before or in 1994
- Annex 2: Basic Facts about Asia-Pacific States
- Annex 3: "ActionAsia 2003-2009" Programme
- Annex 4: "World Heritage – Pacific 2009" Programme
- Annex 5: Sub-regional and Regional Recommendations on the Asia-Pacific Periodic Reporting Exercise
- Annex 6: List of acronyms
the World Heritage app
Free for a limited time!
Available for iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets.
With the app, not only can you read exclusive articles written by experts on the ground, but see videos of the world’s most spectacular sites taken by NHK and TBS.
UNESCO - World Heritage Centre