World Heritage Series n°1
Managing Tourism at World Heritage Sites: a Practical Manual for World Heritage Site Managers
- The World Heritage Convention
- The Tourism Industry: Implications for Managers
- Tourism Impacts and Problems
- Involving Stakeholders: The Benefits and Challenges of Public Participation
- Setting Policy Goals and Management Objectives
- Carrying Capacity and Related Planning Issues
- Strategies and Solutions to Tourism Management Problems
- Promoting a Site
Appendix 1: Tourist Surveys: Techniques and Samples
Appendix 2: International Cultural Tourism Charter
Appendix 3: Guidebook, Magazine and Newspaper Publishers
the World Heritage app
Free for a limited time!
Available for iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets.
With the app, not only can you read exclusive articles written by experts on the ground, but see videos of the world’s most spectacular sites taken by NHK and TBS.
UNESCO - World Heritage Centre