World Heritage Review
World Heritage Review n°43
Special issue: World Heritage in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
Special issue on World Heritage sites in the Baltic region, at the occasion of the 30th session of the World Heritage Committee held from July 8-16 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Table of Contents
- A Message from UNESCO Director-General Mr Koïchiro Matsuura
- An Interview with His Excellency Valdas Adamkus, President of the Republic of Lithuania and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the Construction of Knowledge Societies
- Vilnius – A city of dreaming spires
- Tallinn, a city of monks, knights and merchants
- The Historic Centre of Riga – a Jugenstil jewel
- Kernave – An archaeological treasure trove
- The Struve Geodetic Arc – Measuring our world
- The Curonian Spit - Created by nature, rescued by people
- Plus news on preservation, sites in danger, outreach activities, publications and more.