The Secretariat of the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the World Heritage Centre do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information or documentation provided by the States Parties to the World Heritage Convention to the Secretariat of UNESCO or to the World Heritage Centre.
The publication of any such advice, opinion, statement or other information documentation on the World Heritage Centre’s website and/or on working documents also does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of UNESCO or of the World Heritage Centre concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its boundaries.
Property names are listed in the language in which they have been submitted by the State Party
This church is placed in Kambambe, Province of Kwanza Norte and it was built by order of the Governor Manuel Cerveira Pereira, in 1603. It is one of the most ancient churches, and its architectural conformation is similar to the Church of Muxima. It owned some slaves and was the religious local where the slaves were baptized with other names arising from the Factories (Feitorias) and from the captures made by the portugueses in the neighbour villages to be used as cheap man-power in the plantations and mines that the europeans had in american lands. It was classified as National Monument by the Provincial Decret n. 67, 30 of May of 1925. It is badly preserved. It is a state property and the responsibility for its maintenance and preservation concerns the Ministry of Culture.