The Tentative Lists of States Parties are published by the World Heritage Centre at its website and/or in working documents in order to ensure transparency, access to information and to facilitate harmonization of Tentative Lists at regional and thematic levels.
The sole responsibility for the content of each Tentative List lies with the State Party concerned. The publication of the Tentative Lists does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever of the World Heritage Committee or of the World Heritage Centre or of the Secretariat of UNESCO concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its boundaries.
Property names are listed in the language in which they have been submitted by the State Party
This edifice, built between 1937 and 1945, was designed by a team of architects according to the original plans by Le Corbusier. The team consisted of L.Costa, O.Niemeyer, A.E.Reidy, C.Leao, J.M.Moreira and E.Vasconcellos. The gardens were designed by B.Marx, and the glazed tiles of the facade as well as the mural paintings decorating the interior are by C.Portinari. This building was the first deliberate attempt at modern Brazilian architecture and had a decisive influence on all subsequent major developments in architecture in Brazil.