The Secretariat of the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the World Heritage Centre do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information or documentation provided by the States Parties to the World Heritage Convention to the Secretariat of UNESCO or to the World Heritage Centre.
The publication of any such advice, opinion, statement or other information documentation on the World Heritage Centre’s website and/or on working documents also does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of UNESCO or of the World Heritage Centre concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its boundaries.
Property names are listed in the language in which they have been submitted by the State Party
The temple is located within greater BaLu in the village of SuraLhany (15 km. To the North) at ApsUeron Peninsula which was one of the most important centers of Zoroastrizm in the Histiry. The present buildings dating XVII century. The pentagonal complex has open courtyard and a tetrapillar-altar in the middle. This was a pilgrimage and philosophical centers of fire worshippers from Multan, who were making also trade with Caspian area via the famous "Grand Trunk Road". The four sects of their believe were: ateshi (fire), badi (air), abi (water), and heki (earth). The temple ceused to be worshipped after 1883 with the instalation of petrolium plants (industry) at Surakhany. The annnal number of visitors to the museum is 15000.