United Nations Foundation
The United Nations Foundation (UNF) is a public charity supporting the goals and objectives of the Charter of United Nations by building and implementing public-private partnerships and promoting various actions.
Since 1998, UNF has had a cooperation agreement with the United Nations to achieve the objectives of the Charter of United Nations through innovative, forward-looking and proactive projects that make contributions to the well-being of the world. To improve this collaboration, the United Nations created a United Nations Fund of International Partnerships (UNFIP) destined to receive grants from UNF for projects.
UNF and UNFIP have carried out, in partnership with the World Heritage Centre, projects on the world's biological diversity and the promotion of the importance of natural heritage for the future of humankind.
In 2003, a partnership agreement was created between UNF and the World Heritage Centre to raise awareness about World Heritage, particularly in the United States, and to mobilize support for both cultural and natural World Heritage sites, notably through the creation of web pages.
- Grant subventions to support the United Nations in the achievement of the goals and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
- Support financial projects and activities to broaden public awareness about actions of the United Nations.
Partnerships / Activities
- Linking Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Tourism at World Heritage Sites
- Friends of World Heritage
- Enhancing our Heritage- Monitoring and managing for success in World Natural Heritage sites
- Control and Eradication of Invasives Species:A Necessary Condition for Conserving Endemic Biodiversity of the Galapagos World Heritage Site
- Eastern Tropical Pacific Seascape Project
- Promouvoir le Patrimoine Mondial à Madagascar
- Rapid Response Facility
- CAWHFI component co-financed by the United Nation Foundation
- Central Africa World Heritage Forest Initiative (CAWHFI)
- World Heritage and Sustainable Tourism Programme
- Publication : World Heritage in the Congo Basin
- Biodiversity Conservation in Regions of Armed Conflict: Protecting World Heritage in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- World Heritage Map
- Rapid Response Facility helping combat Mt. Kenya fires Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- The Rapid Response Facility Contributes to avoiding the ecological isolation of Romania's Retezat Massif Friday, February 3, 2012
- Statement of the United Nations Foundation in Support of the World Heritage Convention’s 40th Anniversary Monday, January 30, 2012
- Rapid Response Facility awards grant to Côte d'Ivoire component of Mount Nimba Friday, January 13, 2012
- Human - Elephant conflict: Rapid Response Facility awards emergency grant to the Wildlife Conservation Society of Tanzania Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- 2010 - 2011 World Heritage map now available Monday, April 4, 2011
- World Heritage in the Congo Basin Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Rapid Response Facility grant for conservation group to benefit Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System Monday, April 12, 2010
- 2009-2010 World Heritage map now available Wednesday, March 3, 2010
- Belize Conservation NGO Receives Rapid Response Facility Grant in Support of the Belize Barrier Reef System Friday, January 29, 2010
- World Heritage Rainforests in Madagascar threatened by illegal logging and trafficking of precious wood Friday, April 3, 2009
- 2008-2009 World Heritage map now available Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- Ecuador’s “Galápagos Invasive Species” Fund gets injection of US 2.19 million dollars Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- Inscription of Lopé-Okanda site (Gabon) on UNESCO’s World Heritage List Tuesday, August 21, 2007