English Français

Little Fort of Kikombo

Date de soumission : 22/11/1996
Catégorie : Culturel
Soumis par :
Ministerio da Cultura Instituto Nacional do Patrimonio Cultural
Coordonnées Province: Kwanza - Sul (South of the Country) It is placed in the small bay of Kikombo, in the South of the Province of Kwanza - Sul
Ref.: 929

Le Secrétariat de l’UNESCO et le Centre du patrimoine mondial ne garantissent pas l’exactitude et la fiabilité des avis, opinions, déclarations et autres informations ou documentations fournis au Secrétariat de l’UNESCO et au Centre du patrimoine mondial par les Etats Parties à la Convention concernant la protection du patrimoine mondial, culturel et naturel.

La publication de tels avis, opinions, déclarations, informations ou documentations sur le site internet et/ou dans les documents de travail du Centre du patrimoine mondial n’implique nullement l’expression d’une quelconque opinion de la part du Secrétariat de l’UNESCO ou du Centre du patrimoine mondial concernant le statut juridique de tout pays, territoire, ville ou région, ou de leurs autorités, ou le tracé de leurs frontières.

Les noms des biens figurent dans la langue dans laquelle les Etats parties les ont soumis.


It is placed in the small bay of Kikombo, in the South of the Province of Kwanza- Sul. The little fort of "Kikombo" is linked to the history of netherlander domination and of portuguese reconquest. There was founded the Help Squadron of the Governor Francisco Soto Mayor in 1645 and later in 1648, the squadron of Salvador Correia, who, from there he left for the restoration of Luanda and Angola. The little fort is also linked to the slaves traffic, so it played the role of the Deposit and the embarkment of slaves that were captured in the factories of the interior, serving as its protection against the attacks made by the natives, showing resistance to the occupation of angolan territory and above all against the negroes (slaves) traffic. It was classified as National Monument by the Provincial Decret n. 21, 12 of January of 1924. It is relatively in good order and it is a state property. The responsibility for its maintenance and preservation concerns the Ministry of Culture.