The second HERITY International Conference, with the theme 'Measuring the Value of Material Cultural Heritage', will be held in Rome from 3 to 5 December 2008. It is organized by HERITY International in partnership with ICCROM, the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and UN-WTO. Participation is possible by invitation or prior registration.
Goals of the Conference are:
1) To make possible the exchange of ideas and experiences at an international level on the aims, possibility to measure, and the ways to describe the concept of Value related to material Cultural Heritage open to the public (Monuments, Museums, Archaeological sites, Libraries and Archives) from different points of view;
2) To present in detail the HERITY approach to the criterion Value when performing the quality evaluation.
- Building the Value of Cultural Assets: the HERITAGE
- Value from the point of view of the visitors: which appeal for the Cultural Heritage?
- Value from the point of view of residents: local memory and conflicts of interest
- Value from the point of view of other stakeholders: the social selection of memory.
Call for Papers abstracts deadline: September 21, 2008
Registration deadline: November 3, 2008
For more information:
C/o DRI - V. E. Filiberto, 17