The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce the Call for Participants for the Caribbean World Heritage Youth Project on Marine Biodiversity & Climate Change in Panama.
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre in cooperation with Mar Viva Foundation will organise the Youth Project from 25 (arrival 24) to 29 (departure 30) January 2016 in Panama. We welcome the participation of all interested members of youth organizations.
With the aim of creating stronger links between Caribbean SIDS and Central American countries (CAM) by empowering young people and their organizations, this activity will bring together youth participants from 17 countries in the Caribbean SIDS and Central American countries (CAM) (1 participant from each of the following countries: Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Suriname).
The activities will include lectures by local heritage specialists and discussions with experts on Marine Biodiversity and Climate change; site visits to Cobia National Park and its Special Zone of Marine Protection and Hands-on activities; and also exchange among participants about the site in their countries. Please refer to the provisonal programme for further information.
Who can participate?
- Citizens of one of 17 countries mentioned above;
- Youth aged from 20 to 30 years old;
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (no interpretation will be provided);
- Can attend for the full length of the event and invest time to prepare and follow up the activity;
- Preferably have experience in projects related to marine biodiversity, climate change or sustainable development projects in their organization or country, currently or in the past;
- Committed to create and implement a World Heritage project, or have a past project as an example, and have experience in youth project conception and implementation;
- Have the capacity to involve other young people in their project activities and to promote their project among their local communities, and share results afterward.
Apply for the Youth Regional Forum
Please fill in the on-line application form and submit it at the latest
by 6 December 2015
at midnight (Paris time)
Only if the online application is not working, please fill in the PDF application form and submit it by email to Ms. Ines Yousfi(firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Mr. Nelson de Lamare (email@example.com) at the latest by 6 December 2015 at midnight (Paris time).