Anna Sidorenko is in charge, as a Programme Specialist, of the implementation of the World Heritage Convention in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe.
She has initiated and coordinates, in close collaboration with numerous international organizations, the Advisory Bodies and international expert networks, two worldwide UNESCO thematic initiatives.
Since 2011, Anna Sidorenko is responsible for the UNESCO Initiative on Heritage of Religious Interest and also a member of the joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM/IUCN Steering Group on Heritage of Religious Interest.
Since 2005, she is also responsible for the implementation, in collaboration with the International Astronomical Union, of the Thematic Initiative “Astronomy and World Heritage”.
Anna Sidorenko, France Alumna (French Government Fellow, 1993/1994), holds a PhD in Human Sciences and New Humanities (CNAM, Paris), a diploma of specialization in Conservation of Historical Monuments from the Center of the High Studies of Chaillot (Ecole de Chaillot - CEDHEC, Paris), a diploma of specialization in Urban Planning from the European Institute of Architecture and Planning (Institut européen d'aménagement et d'architecture – INEAA, Rouen) and received a certification in international negotiations from the National School of Administration (Ecole Nationale d’Administration - ENA, Paris).
Anna Sidorenko is the first woman from the Republic of Uzbekistan to have joined the UNESCO Secretariat.
Links to the activities :
- Astronomy and World Heritage Thematic Initiative
- Capacity-building for the representatives of religious communities
- Heritage Sites of Astronomy and Archaeoastronomy in the context of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention - A Thematic Study
- Identification and Promotion of Muslim Heritage in Central Europe
- Initiative on Heritage of Astronomy, Science and Technology
- Initiative on Heritage of Religious Interest
- Regional Thematic Consultations
- United Nations Plan of Action to Safeguard Religious Sites: In Unity and Solidarity for Safe and Peaceful Worship 13-Sep-2019
- Georgian delegation visits UNESCO’s Headquarters and World Heritage properties in France 06-Oct-2017
- Nakhon Phanom Statement on World Heritage of Religious Interest in Asia-Pacific Region 09-Jun-2017
- Cycle of Regional Thematic Consultations on sustainable management of the World Heritage properties of religious interest 07-Apr-2016
- UNESCO and International Astronomical Union sign new agreement 03-May-2013
- Properties of Religious Interest Sharing Best Practices in World Heritage Management 02-Jul-2019-02-Jul-2019
- Living Religious World Heritage: Participatory Management and Sustainable Use 31-Oct-2018-01-Nov-2018
- UNWTO International Congress on Religious Tourism and Pilgrimage 22-Nov-2017-23-Nov-2017
- Exhibition under the Patronage of UNESCO - Shared Holy Places: Coexistence in Europe and the Mediterranean 24-Oct-2017-21-Jan-2018
- Conservation and management of the World Heritage properties of religious interest in Asia-Pacific 17-May-2017-19-May-2017