Property names are listed in the language in which they have been submitted by the State Party.
Christiansfeld is a small town founded in 1772 by the "Herrenhutter" (Moravian brethren) who were called from Sachsen by the Kings government to promote industry and trade. The town has a very regular layout and forms a remarkable whole. The houses are all built of yellow brick and are covered with roof tiles. The detailing of all parts of the houses and the craftmanship is of very fine quality.
The succesful mixture of local building traditions with strong influences from Sachsen gives the town a character of its own.
© UNESCO World Heritage Centre 1992-2013 United Nations