Year of inscription on the World Heritage List 1992
Year(s) of inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger N/A
Previous Committee Decisions see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/617/documents/
Requests approved: 0
Total amount approved: USD 10,000
For details, see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/617/assistance/
UNESCO Extra-budgetary Funds
Previous monitoring missions
January 2005: ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission
Factors affecting the property identified in previous reports
Illustrative material see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/617/
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2013
On 31 January 2013, the State Party submitted a detailed state of conservation report that addresses the progress made in the implementation of the World Heritage Committee Decision adopted at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011), including preparation of the Management Plan, the new zoning plan, the design documentation of the bus station and the actions taken regarding the revolving theatre. The State Party informed that the preparatory work for building a vehicular tunnel and a bridge to this tunnel, both works in the buffer zone, have been halted. As previously announced by the national authorities, according to the time schedule for measures aimed at solving the revolving theatre issue, it cannot be expected that a final solution could be implemented before 2015. The State Party also provided information on current conservation issues affecting the historic fabric, on protection of landscape and river banks, as well as on new developments and constructions planned until 2018.
Analysis and Conclusions of the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM
The World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies are of the view that the state of conservation of the property is being adequately addressed by the State Party. The State Party is encouraged to continue with the implementation of all relevant measures in order to prevent any threats to the Outstanding Universal Value of the property.
Decision Adopted: 37 COM 7B.103
World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decisions 34 COM 8B.6, 35 COM 7B.42, 35 COM 7B.63, 35 COM 7B.67, 35 COM 7B.68, 35 COM 7B.69, 35 COM 7B.73, 35 COM 7B.88, 35 COM 7B.94, 35 COM 7B.98, 35 COM 7B.102, 35 COM 7B.106, 35 COM 7B.109, 35 COM 7B.122, 35 COM 7B.127, 35 COM 7B.128, 35 COM 7B.131 and 35 COM 7B.133 , adopted at its 34th (Brasilia, 2010) and 35th (UNESCO, 2011) sessions respectively,
3. Takes note with satisfaction of the measures taken by the States Parties concerned to address its previous requests to mitigate the threats on the Outstanding Universal Value of the following World Heritage properties :
4. Encourages the States Parties concerned to pursue their efforts to ensure the conservation of World Heritage properties;
5. Reminds the States Parties concerned to inform the World Heritage Centre in due course about any major development project which may affect the Outstanding Universal Value of a property, before any irreversible commitments are made, in line with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines .