Year of inscription on the World Heritage List 1997
Year(s) of inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger N/A
Previous Committee Decisions see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/811/documents/
Requests approved: 0
Total amount approved: USD 40,000
For details, see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/811/assistance/
UNESCO Extra-budgetary Funds
Previous monitoring missions
January 2008: Joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission; November 2008: UNESCO advisory mission.
Factors affecting the property identified in previous reports
Illustrative material see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/811/
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2013
On 25 January 2013, the State Party submitted a state of conservation report of the property that addresses the progress made in the implementation of Decision 35 COM 7B.63 adopted by the World Heritage Committee at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011). The State Party submitted the minor boundary modification of the property in 2012, which was approved by the 36th session of Committee (Decision 36 COM 8B.48). The retrospective Statement of Outstanding Universal Value for the property was adopted by the Committee at its 36th session (Decision 36 COM 8E). The Conservation Master Plan (CMP), reported to be in the final phase of approval, is guiding the protection, conservation and management of the property. It contains specific assessments of the natural and built environment, taking into account the current conservation issues and sets out detailed regulations to ensure the conservation of the authenticity and integrity of the property, along with clear management, monitoring and protection procedures.
Analysis and Conclusions of the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM
The World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies are of the view that no further reporting to the World Heritage Committee is currently required. The completed Conservation Master Plan, with a synthesis in English, should be submitted to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies, as soon as possible.
Decision Adopted: 37 COM 7B.103
World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decisions 34 COM 8B.6, 35 COM 7B.42, 35 COM 7B.63, 35 COM 7B.67, 35 COM 7B.68, 35 COM 7B.69, 35 COM 7B.73, 35 COM 7B.88, 35 COM 7B.94, 35 COM 7B.98, 35 COM 7B.102, 35 COM 7B.106, 35 COM 7B.109, 35 COM 7B.122, 35 COM 7B.127, 35 COM 7B.128, 35 COM 7B.131 and 35 COM 7B.133 , adopted at its 34th (Brasilia, 2010) and 35th (UNESCO, 2011) sessions respectively,
3. Takes note with satisfaction of the measures taken by the States Parties concerned to address its previous requests to mitigate the threats on the Outstanding Universal Value of the following World Heritage properties :
4. Encourages the States Parties concerned to pursue their efforts to ensure the conservation of World Heritage properties;
5. Reminds the States Parties concerned to inform the World Heritage Centre in due course about any major development project which may affect the Outstanding Universal Value of a property, before any irreversible commitments are made, in line with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines .