Year of inscription on the World Heritage List 2004
Year(s) of inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger N/A
Previous Committee Decisions see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1158/documents/
Requests approved: 0
Total amount approved: USD 0
For details, see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1158/assistance/
UNESCO Extra-budgetary Funds
Previous monitoring missions
Factors affecting the property identified in previous reports
Illustrative material see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1158/
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2005
The World Heritage Centre has received the Management Plan from the State Party by letter dated 1 February 2005. The State Party also provided on 30 March 2005 revised maps of the property that do not include the two museums.
ICOMOS studied the Management Plan for the World Heritage property. It noted that the chapter on visitor management provides little information and should include more detail on the following: parking, ticketing, signage, safety measures, facilities (bathrooms, rest areas, sun shades, and water), food facilities, shops/souvenirs, different touring options and routes, and presentation methods. It is suggested that this complementary information is presented on clear maps in a scale sufficient to recognize location, size, etc. accompanied by photographs.
Analysis and Conclusions of the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM
Decision Adopted: 29COM 7B.77
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.43, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Thanks the State Party of Italy for the timely submission of the Management Plan;
4. Commends the State Party for submission of the revised maps of the property inscribed on the World Heritage List;
5. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2006 with:
a) complementary detailed information on visitor management, presented on detailed maps; and
b) photographic documentation.