Year of inscription on the World Heritage List 1987
Year(s) of inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger 1988-2004
Previous Committee Decisions see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/433/documents/
Requests approved: 0
Total amount approved: USD 57,000
For details, see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/433/assistance/
UNESCO Extra-budgetary Funds
Previous monitoring missions
Expert mission from 28 November to 5 December 2001; WHC Mission from 17 to 19 September 2002 and in December 2003.
Factors affecting the property identified in previous reports
Illustrative material see page http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/433/
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2005
At its 28th session, in 2004, the World Heritage Committee, noting with satisfaction the commitment of the State Party in view of the implementation of conservation measures and of the Management Plan of the Bahla Fort (inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger in 1988), decided to remove the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger (Decision 28 COM 15A.19).
The Committee requested the State Party to submit a report on the finalisation and adoption of the Management Plan, taking into account the recommendations of the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS (Decision 28 COM 15A.19). At the time of drafting the present document (April 2005), no report has yet been submitted to the World Heritage Centre or to ICOMOS.
Analysis and Conclusions of the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM
Decision Adopted: 29 COM 7B.46
The World Heritage Committee,1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29 COM/7B.Rev and the Draft Decision 29 COM 7B.46.Rev,29 COM 7B.46.Rev,
2. Having noted the additional information presented by the World Heritage Centre,
3. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15A.19 adopted at its 28th sessions (Suzhou, 2004),
4. Urges the State Party of Oman to implement paragraphs 5 and 6 of Decision 28 COM 15A.19, concerning the organization of a stakeholders meeting and the revision of the project for the new market ;
5. Requests the State Party to report, by 1 February 2006, on the completion and adoption of the management plan, taking fully into account the recommendations of the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
6. Further requests the State Party to submit, by 1 February 2006, a report on the implementation of the recommendations of the above paragraph 4 and on any conservation or presentation activity carried out on the property, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).