Special issue on World Heritage sites in the Baltic region, at the occasion of the 30th session of the World Heritage Committee held from July 8-16 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Table of Contents
- A Message from UNESCO Director-General Mr Koïchiro Matsuura
- An Interview with His Excellency Valdas Adamkus, President of the Republic of Lithuania and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the Construction of Knowledge Societies
- Vilnius – A city of dreaming spires
- Tallinn, a city of monks, knights and merchants
- The Historic Centre of Riga – a Jugenstil jewel
- Kernave – An archaeological treasure trove
- The Struve Geodetic Arc – Measuring our world
- The Curonian Spit - Created by nature, rescued by people
- Plus news on preservation, sites in danger, outreach activities, publications and more.