The master's degree course "World Heritage at Work", offered by the University of Turin and the Polytechnic of Turin and organized by the International Training Centre of ILO in collaboration with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, is preparing for its second year.
The programme is intended for professionals involved in the management of a World Heritage property and those who are associated with site activities.
The course was designed for the following categories of participants who are:
- already involved in projects concerning a World Heritage property, or interested in designing and managing special projects for a possible future World Heritage property;
- motivated to design and carry out research activities to support the main activities of a World Heritage property;
- interested in and knowledgeable about local cultures and indigenous traditions; interested in dialogue both with local authorities and with the community.
The course offers a number of special features:
- integration of theory and practice;
- an interdisciplinary approach to culture as a resource for development, with emphasis on management of a World Heritage property;
- emphasis on operational issues in project design and project cycle management;
- interactive presentations followed by analysis of case studies and close tutoring support
A limited number of scholarships are available to participants from developing countries and countries in transition.
The course will be held in Turin, Italy, at the International Training Centre of the ILO. Coursework takes place at the Centre's compact and functional campus, where participants from around the world meet, live and learn together, in a stimulating international environment. The campus and facilities (bank, post office, travel agency, laundry, gym, sports and recreation facilities) provide an ideal environment for living and studying, sharing experience and creating networks.
Interested candidates should complete an application form (which is available on the web page 'Application Form') and submit it, together with the corresponding project idea, by e-mail or fax no later that 29th May 2009.
For further information about the Master, availability of scholarships and for all other communications please contact the course secretariat:
International Training Centre of the ILO
Sustainable Development and Governance Programme
Viale Maestri del Lavoro, 10, 10127 Turin, Italy.
Tel.: +39-011-6936945 Fax.: +39-011-6936369