The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce the Call for Participants for the First Youth Regional Forum for the World Heritage in Asia.
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre and Cambodian National Commission for UNESCO will organize the forum from 25 November to 3 December 2015 in Siem Reap, Cambodia. We welcome the participation of all interested young future experts.
The forum will allow young people to share regional youth actions with the upcoming International Coordinating Committee for Angkor and the next 40th session of the World Heritage Committee in Turkey. The forum will bring together approximately 30 youth participants from 20 countries in the Asia-Pacific region (1 participant from listed countries; Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Viet Nam, and 10 participants from Cambodia).
The forum consists of several activities such as participants’ presentation on the sites in their countries; lectures by international and local heritage experts; discussion with experts and participants on water management communities and cultural tourism; site visits to Angkor and hands-on activities; Model World Heritage Committee and creating the Declaration of youth; and also participation in the International Coordinating Committee for Angkor. Please refer to the provisional programme for further information.
Who can participate?
- Young citizens of one of 20 countries mentioned above;
- Aged from 20 to 30 years old with fluent English (no interpretation will be provided);
- Can attend for the full length of the event and invest time to prepare and follow up the Forum;
- Motivated and engaged in the forum with an interest in the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO, sustainable heritage management or cultural policies, and eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their local communities;
- Minimum 3 years of university studies or preferably with university degree in one of these fields: Architecture, Engineering, Tourism, Archaeology, Economic Sciences or Social Sciences.
Apply for the Youth Regional Forum
Please fill in the on-line application form and submit it at the latest
by 30 September 2015
at midnight (Paris time)
Only if the online application is not working, please fill in the PDF application form and submit it by email to Mr. LIM BUN Hok (email@example.com) and Ms. Carmela Quin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Ms. Jiyun Park (email@example.com) at the latest by 30 September 2015 at midnight (Paris time).