Fondation Franz Weber
Since 2013, Fondation Franz Weber is working closely with the World Heritage Centre to support the conservation and safeguard of natural World Heritage sites. This partnership intends to strengthen the Rapid Response Facility (RRF), a programme jointly managed by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and Fauna & Flora International aimed at protecting natural World Heritage sites in emergency situations (e.g. forest fires, sudden increase in poaching, armed conflicts, oil spill, etc…). Fondation Franz Weber has been a key partner of the RRF by providing essential financial resources and also contributing to to the decision-making process and the strategic direction of the fund.
Fondation Franz Weber was created in 1975 and is committed to preserve nature and the countryside to increase biodiversity and to keep natural environments unspoilt.
- Battling Blazes in the Brazilian Cerrado 22-Nov-2021
- Saving the vaquita from extinction 05-Jul-2021
- UNESCO provides crucial support to biodiversity in emergency situations 31-Mar-2021
- Strengthening firefighting to prevent destruction in Brazil’s Pantanal 16-Sep-2020
- Saving the lives of Tigers and People in the Sundarbans 19-Aug-2020
- Panel discussion: World Heritage Partnerships for sustainable development 15-Jul-2016-15-Jul-2016
- World Heritage Partnerships for Conservation panel discussion 02-Jul-2015-02-Jul-2015