Fonds Français pour l'Environnement Mondial
The FGEF is a bilateral fund which was set up in 1994 by the French government following the Rio Summit.
It aims to promote a stronger international cooperation in the sustainable development projects in developing and transition countries.
It subsidizes, through development operations, the preservation of the major equilibriums of our planet
- climate change
- international waters
- land degradation and desertification
- persistent Organic Pollutants (POP)
- stratospheric ozone layer
Partnerships / Activities (3)
- World Heritage in the Congo Basin Wednesday, 23 June 2010
- Inscription of Lopé-Okanda site (Gabon) on UNESCO’s World Heritage List Tuesday, 21 August 2007