In the context of their affiliation with the "Forum UNESCO - University and Heritage" network, students of the Professional Masters programme in the Faculty of Sciences, Arts, Culture, News and Multimedia at the Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines University are organizing a symposium on different aspects of world heritage.
This international symposium will take place from April 3 to 5 at the Palais de la Découverte in Paris. Debate and discussion will centre on the following themes:
- Raising awareness of world heritage amongst a younger population
- The digital revolution and the future of heritage
- Conservation and the protection of World Heritage
- Tourism and World Heritage - friends or enemies?
- Technical and industrial heritage - what are the stakes?
- Management of post-conflict sites - rebuilding a cultural identity
Speakers will include:
Chérif Khaznadar: UNESCO specialist and co-founder and former director of the "Maison des Cultures du Monde". He is also the co-founder and former organizer of the "Festival of the Imagination".
Emmanuel Desveaux: Directeur d'études at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales and Native American culture specialist. Adjunct professor, University of Indiana, Bloomington. He also holds the Marc Bloch chair at Humboldt University of Berlin.
Christian Manhart: UNESCO specialist on post-conflict World Heritage conservation.
Contact: Marion Gaillard