The call for applications for the new edition of the Masters in "World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development", offered by the University of Turin, the Polytechnic of Turin (for the English) and, University of Barcelona (for the Spanish edition) and the International Training Centre of the ILO, in collaboration with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property), is now open.
The programme is intended for professionals involved in the management of World Heritage properties and/or professionals and specialists involved in the preservation or promotion of cultural heritage, in particular:
- Professionals and/or officials in public and private sectors, UN Agencies, foundations and NGOs;
- Professionals involved or interested in designing and managing cultural development projects;
- Recent university graduates from developing and developed countries;
- People working or interested in World Heritage Sites, as well as other UNESCO Conventions and programmes.
The essential requirements for admission are a minimum of three year university degree (BA) as well as fluency in the English or Spanish Language.
The Master in World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development aims, through a multidisciplinary approach, to impart necessary competencies and skills in management of cultural resources, design and implementation of cultural projects, and promotion of World Heritage Sites and other UNESCO designations. The course combines essential knowledge of cultural economics and cultural policies with the competences needed to design projects in the cultural field. The programme explores in detail the economic, social, institutional and legal considerations that govern the diverse UNESCO Conventions (World Heritage, Intangible Heritage, Diversity of Cultural Expressions) and programs (eg: Creative Cities, Man and Biosphere, Global Geoparks, Memories of the World).
- The English programme will take place in Turin, Italy, at the campus of the International Training Centre of the ILO.
The Master will take place from 15 October 2018 and consists of three major learning cycles:
- The first cycle will be conducted through a distance learning component supported by a tutoring service that will start on 15 October 2018 and will end on 20 January 2019;
- The second cycle, from 21 January 2019 to 17 May 2019, is a face-to-face learning period that will take place in Turin, Italy, at the International Training Centre of the ILO. Class attendance is compulsory for the entire period;
- The third cycle, from 21 May 2019 to 14 October 2019, is a research and study period during which the students are expected to finalize their project while being at work or home or attending internships.
Upon successful completion of aforementioned requirements, the participants will be awarded a first level Specializing Master Diploma from the University of Turin.
- The Spanish programme will take place in Barcelona, Spain, at the University of Barcelona.
The Master will take place from 15 October 2018 to 30 September 2019 and consists of three major learning cycles.
- The first cycle will be conducted through a distance learning component that will start on 15 October 2018 and will end on 21 December 2018;
- The second cycle, from 14 January 2019 to 26 April 2019, is a face-to-face learning period that will take place in Barcelona, Spain, at the University of Barcelona;
- The third cycle is a research and study period during which the students may attend internships activities and are expected to finalize their final project, which will last from 6 May 2019 to 30 September 2019.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a joint 1st level specialization Master Diploma from the University of Turin and a diploma of “Master proprio” from the University of Barcelona.
The tuition fee for each Master Programme is EURO 8500.
The interested candidates should fill-in an on-line application form (available on the web page https://www.itcilo.org/en/training-offer/turin-school-of-development) and submit it no later than 30 May 2018.
For further information about the Master programmes, availability of scholarships and for all other communications please contact the course secretariat:
Turin School of Development
International Training Centre of the ILO
Viale Maestri del Lavoro, 10, 10127 Turin, Italy