27 COM 7A.1
Manovo-Gounda St Floris National Park (Central African Republic)
1. Reiterates its serious concern for the state of conservation of this property and the need for increased international support and co-operation, including that between the Central African Republic, Chad and Sudan;
2. Requests that the State Party take all necessary measures to halt mining along the Manovo River in order to minimize negative impacts of mining on the integrity of the Park and confirm in writing the outcome of the measures taken;
3. Recommends that IUCN and the World Heritage Centre, in co-operation with the State Party, urgently undertake a mission to the property to evaluate the status of the outstanding universal value for which it was inscribed on the World Heritage List and the extent to which that value may have been irreversibly compromised by prevailing threats to the property and submit the findings and recommendations of that mission, if possible to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre and the State Party to adapt the Emergency Rehabilitation plan to the changed situation in the field;
5. Invites the State Party to provide an up-to-date report on the status of implementation of the revised plan by 1 February 2004 for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 28th session in 2004;
6. Decides to retain the Manovo-Gounda St Floris National Park in the List of World Heritage in Danger.