Decision : 7 EXT.COM 6
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined the technical cooperation assistance request made by India regarding an improved geographic information system (GIS) for Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR), as presented in Documents WHC-04/7EXT.COM/6 and WHC-04/7EXT.COM/6 Add,
- Noting that, in accordance with Decision 28 COM 10A, four requests for technical cooperation will be submitted to the Chairperson/Committee in 2005, for a total amount of US$ 104,915,
- Considering that only an amount of US$ 160,000 is available for cultural properties under technical cooperation assistance in the 2005 budget of the World Heritage Fund,
- Taking into account the recommendation of the Bureau and the comments presented by ICOMOS in Document WHC -04/7EXT.COM/6Add., as well as the amount of international assistance provided to the DHR in recent years (US$ 58,000),
- Decides not to approve this request for technical cooperation.