31 COM 13B
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/13B,
2. Welcomes the proposal by New Zealand to enhance the role of communities in the implementation of the World Heritage Convention;
3. Adds a “fifth C” for “Communities” to the existing Strategic Objectives which were adopted as the Budapest Declaration on World Heritage by the World Heritage Committee at its 26th session (Budapest, 2002) which should read as follows:
“To enhance the role of communities in the implementation of the World Heritage Convention.”
4. Encourages all interested parties to promote and implement this fifth Strategic Objective.
5. Thanks New Zealand for this important contribution to the implementation of the Convention.