The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.78, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes the results of the International Conference on the “Application of Scientific and Technological Achievements in Management and Preservation of Historic Cities Inscribed on the World Heritage List”, St Petersburg, 28 January – 3 February 2007;
4. Regrets that the maps submitted by the State Party dated 18 January 2007 and 5 March 2007, did not comply with the Committee’s request as they did not provide detailed boundaries and buffer zones of all components of the property, including Leningrad Region and urges the State Party to provide these maps by 1 February 2008 at the latest;
5. Strongly urges the State Party, at the earliest opportunity, to provide a detailed report on the Gazprom tower development project in order for the World Heritage Committee to evaluate the impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to stop any development, including the issuing of building permits, until all relevant materials have been reviewed and its impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the World Heritage property has been fully assessed;
7. Also requests the State Party to provide a state of conservation report, including details on the Gazprom project, which may have an impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, to the World Heritage Centre on 1 February 2008 for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008 in view of the possibility of inclusion of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.