1. Having examined document WHC-12/36.COM/6,
2. Recalling Decisions 34 COM 9C and 35 COM 6 adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010) and 35th session (Paris, 2011) respectively,
3. Welcomes the establishment of two new category 2 centres related to World Heritage in Spain and Italy, as well as the progress made by all category 2 centres towards the establishment of their system of governance and the implementation of their activities;
4. Thanks the International Research Centre on the Economics of Culture and World Heritage Studies (Turin, Italy) for having hosted the second annual coordination meeting of category 2 centres related to World Heritage;
5. Requests all category 2 centres related to World Heritage to ensure that their strategies, programmes and activities are directly contributing to the goals and objectives of the World Heritage Strategy for Capacity-Building and in general to actions agreed in the framework of World Heritage statutory processes at global and regional levels, notably those resulting from decisions by the World Heritage Committee, by the General Assembly of States Parties and from the outcomes of periodic reporting exercises;
6. Further requests the World Heritage Centre to submit a progress report on the activities of the category 2 centres related to World Heritage for examination by the Committee at its 37th session in 2013.