Recommendations of the Science and Technology Expert Working Group in the context of World Heritage nominations
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/9C,
2. Recalling Decisions 31 COM 9 and 32 COM 10A adopted at its 31st (Christchurch, 2007) and 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) sessions respectively,
3. Notes the information provided on the Recommendations of the Science and Technology Expert Working Group in the context of World Heritage Nominations (London, 2008) and subsequent discussions on revisions to the Operational Guidelines;
4. Further notes the completion of the thematic study on "Heritage Sites of Astronomy and Archaeoastronomy in the context of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention" and progress made on the study on "Water Heritage Management";
5. Encourages States Parties to take into account the recommendations provided by the Science and Technology Expert Working Group in the context of World Heritage Nominations (London, 2008), as well as recommendations developed within the framework of the Thematic Initiative "Astronomy and World Heritage" while preparing nominations to the World Heritage List and requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to integrate relevant issues into a future expert meeting on criterion (vi);
6. Further encourages States Parties and donors to identify additional resources for the completion of thematic studies, their publication and dissemination.