The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7.2,
- Recalling Decision 30 COM 7.2, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
- Takes note of the important outcome of the Davos International Conference on Disaster Reduction as reflected in its final Declaration, on the role of heritage within disaster risk reduction;
- Approves the revised Strategy for Risk Reduction at World Heritage Properties with its prioritized list of actions;
- Encourages States Parties, the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre to implement the Strategy for Risk Reduction at World Heritage properties within their spheres of activities;
- Requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to integrate policies and strategies established by the World Heritage Committee on the issue of climate change in the implementation of the strategy for risk reduction at World Heritage properties;
- Recommends that a risk management component be incorporated in the Management Plan for World Heritage properties in accordance with Paragraph 118 of the Operational Guidelines.