Sixteenth session of the general assembly of states parties (Unesco, october 2007)
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/6,
- Takes note with appreciation of the Report;
- Decides to authorize the Chairperson of the Committee to vet the report of the 31st session and, as appropriate, to consult members of the Committee by e-mail, and other means, as necessary;
- Requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to transmit the Report, as amended, to the Secretariat of the General Conference, so that it can be submitted to the General Conference of UNESCO at its 34th session (UNESCO, 2007);
- Also decides to establish a mechanism for consultation with Committee members for future reports on the Committee's activities;
- Further decides in accordance with Rule 14.1 of the Rules of Procedure of the General Assembly of States Parties to the World Heritage Convention, to reserve one seat in the World Heritage Committee to be elected by the General Assembly at its 16th session (UNESCO, 24-25 October 2007), for a State Party which does not have any properties on the World Heritage List.