Decision : CONF 202 21B.34
Archaeological site of Tipasa (Algeria)
1. Expresses strong concern with regard to the situation incompatible with maintaining the outstanding universal values of the site, which had justified its inscription on the World Heritage List;
2. Invites the World Heritage Centre to send a new mission to Tipasa, to discuss with the State Party immediate safeguarding measures to be undertaken and to halt all on-going or future actions that might affect the integrity of the site and its buffer zone;
3. Recommends that the Centre assist the State Party in preparing and implementing a remedial plan for the site, including visitor management and public-awareness programmess, linking the site and its environment;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre to submit a report on this site for examination by the Committee at its 27th session in June/July 2003;
5. Decides to inscribe the Archaeological Site of Tipasa on the List of World Heritage in Danger.