CONF 202 21A.9
1. Takes note of the report provided by the State Party and welcomes the progress made to enhance the protection, preservation and presentation of the World Heritage site;
2. Reiterates the recommendations made by the Bureau at its 25th session, notably regarding the enlargement of the Butrint National Park Board to include, at the national and regional level, all relevant authorities to ensure a strong and effective co-ordination of the management of the World Heritage site;
3. Urges the State Party to take all appropriate measures, at the national level, to ensure that the Butrint National Park Law be enacted as soon as possible in order to better protect the site;
4. Reiterates its recommendation to the State Party to work closely with the Centre for the smooth implementation of emergency assistance from the World Heritage Fund;
5. Requests the State Party to provide by 1 February 2003, a report on the measures taken to comply with these recommendations for examination at its next session in June/July 2003;
6. Decides to retain this site on the List of World Heritage in Danger.