Periodic Report for Africa
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Expresses its satisfaction with this excellent Periodic Report for Africa 2001 noting that it gives direction for future World Heritage activities in Africa;
2. Noting that the Action Plan is already being implemented, requests that the activities specified therein should be restructured in line with the new Strategic Objectives and Article 5 of the World Heritage Convention;
3. Encourages Afro-Arab bi-regional co-operation and networking, based on the similarities of problems and suggested solutions revealed by this Periodic Report and the one for Arab States;
4. Emphasizes that the implementation of the World Heritage activities in Africa should be linked with other initiatives within UNESCO, with the Global Agenda and other Conventions, and particularly with the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD);
5. Adopts the Periodic Report for Africa 2001 subject to its restructuring ;
6. Requests that a progress report on the implementation of the action plan be presented to its 27th session in June/July 2003.
 See also related decisions 26 COM 17.1 and 26 COM 17.2.