The World Heritage Committee,
1. Adopts the following Strategic Objectives:
- Strengthen the Credibility of the World Heritage List;
- Ensure the effective Conservation of World Heritage properties;
- Promote the development of effective Capacity Building in States Parties;
- Increase public awareness, involvement and support for World Heritage through Communication.
the Director-General to develop performance indicators for each of the Strategic Objectives to be presented to the 27th session of the Committee (June/July 2003) to enable the Committee to measure the success of the implementation of the Objectives over time.