World Heritage Programmes
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Noting with satisfaction that almost all Pacific Island countries have now joined the World Heritage Convention,;
2. Acknowledging the needs identified by Pacific Island States Parties in the Periodic Reports summarized in WHC-03/27.COM/6A Rev.,;
3. Requests the World Heritage Centre to begin consultations, planning and the first phase of implementation of a new sub-regional Programme called WORLD HERITAGE - PACIFIC 2009;
4. Decides to allocate US$100,000 in 2004-2005 from the World Heritage Fund for the development of the new sub-regional Programme called WORLD HERITAGE - PACIFIC 2009 (see WHC-03/27.COM/11);
5. Requests the Secretariat to prepare a report on the Regional Programme for the Pacific to be presented to the 31st session of the World Heritage Committee in 2007.