27 COM 20B.3
World Heritage Programmes
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Congratulates the Asian States Parties, the Advisory Bodies and the Secretariat for the excellent quality of the Synthesis Regional Periodic Report (see Document WHC-03/27.COM/6A Rev);
2. Notes with appreciation the increasing interest in heritage conservation among the Asian States Parties;
3. Expresses concern, however, on the continued loss of heritage caused by uncontrolled development, in particular urban encroachment, mass tourism and inappropriate public infrastructure projects;
4. Takes note of the recommendations and priority action plans elaborated by the States Parties as indicated in the Synthesis Regional Periodic Report;
5. Requests the States Parties concerned and the World Heritage Centre to follow-up on the recommendations and to mobilise national resources and international technical and financial co-operation for their implementation;6. Decides to allocate an amount of US$ 100,000 for the 2004-2005 biennium to launch the "ActionAsia 2003-2009 Programme".