Coro and its Port (Venezuela)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Takes note of the report of the UNESCO/ICOMOS mission;
2. Expresses its serious concerns about the lack of adequate management, planning and conservation mechanisms for the property;
3. Urges the State Party to consider and implement the recommendations of the UNESCO/ICOMOS mission and requests the State Party to submit a progress report on this matter by 15 October 2003;
4. Authorizes the Chairperson of the Committee to consider the State Party's progress report and to approve, if deemed necessary, a second UNESCO/ICOMOS mission that should prepare a report by 1 February 2004 on the implementation of the mission's recommendations as well as an assessment as to whether the property meets the conditions for inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger;
5. Decides to examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.