Decision : 27 COM 7B.91
Joya de Ceren Archaeological Site (El Salvador)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Takes note of the finalization of the management plan;
2. Congratulates the State Party for its concerted efforts in completing the Plan;
3. and Expresses its appreciation to the Getty Conservation Institute for its important contribution in this field;
4. Recognizes, because of the vulnerable nature of the property, the need to reinforce the property as a research laboratory in archaeology and conservation, that can also be useful for the sub-region;
5. Invites the State Party to reinforce the on-site staff and to set up a coordination committee with the relevant national authorities for the plan's implementation;
6. Invites the State Party to request International Assistance in order to improve the conditions of the water canalizations and avoid further structural damage.
 Decision adopted without discussion.