Decision : 27 COM 7B.87
Historic Town of Ouro Preto (Brazil)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Commends the State Party for having requested a monitoring mission;
2. Expresses concern for the damage caused by the 15 April 2003 fire, which destroyed an 18th century building in the historical centre of Ouro Preto;
3. Urges the State Party to take risk-preparedness measures and to include them in the management plan of the property;
4. Urges the State Party to define a core zone and a buffer zone for the nominated area by 15 October 2003 and to finalize the revised management plan;
5. Requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.
2003 Historic Town of Ouro Preto