27 COM 7B.87
Historic Town of Ouro Preto (Brazil)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Commends the State Party for having requested a monitoring mission;
2. Expresses concern for the damage caused by the 15 April 2003 fire, which destroyed an 18th century building in the historical centre of Ouro Preto;
3. Urges the State Party to take risk-preparedness measures and to include them in the management plan of the property;
4. Urges the State Party to define a core zone and a buffer zone for the nominated area by 15 October 2003 and to finalize the revised management plan;
5. Requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.